Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Learning the Maxisys, can-bus, and proga...
Learning the Maxisys, can-bus, and progamming modules

2651 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-04 03:20:19

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    FloridaTech
    2015-03-30 15:51:58
     Hello all,

When I bought this tool I was very green to programming and can-bus diagnostics, and for the most part still am.  

I have searched the internet for sites to learn about programming modules, automotive specific can-bus material, and also anything to get me up to speed on exactly what and how the Maxisys can do.  I have came up empty.

If anyone knows of any books, websites, or any reference material that would help me I would be very grateful.  

Thanks in advance,

Adam

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-31 04:18:28 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

There are some video on youtube.

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    FloridaTech
    2015-03-31 11:19:17 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Any chance you can be more specific.

I am fine on the basic functions and the diagnostic side of the machine.  Its more of the special functions/programming that I want to learn.

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
    jbrheaume

2015-03-31 13:54:12 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

Drewtech has some videos on their site, also on their utube channel

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-03-31 14:36:29 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

Here's a PDF guide to BMW CIP programming with Maxisys Pro: http://www.auteltech.com/u/cms/www/201501/282132017pvy.pdf

Here's a youtube video too: https://youtu.be/QTBGZnpMruk

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-03 12:26:28 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

What brands do you mean? Only BMW?

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-04-04 03:20:19 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

Depends on what you refer to: with 'programming' there is flashing (with the J2534) which is BMW/Benz only right now (GM maybe?) from Autel using the MaxiSys software and guidance and there is 'all others'. There is no guide that includes them all I guess, it's brand specific. If you go to the car manufacturer site and you choose the flash options, you will get software from them (after paying) to use in conjuction with the pass thru unit.

Programming in Autel on functions side etc. is very extended. It is brand specific and sadly there is no one standard for it so also not one manual or something like that. It is 'learning along the way' if you come across cars that need programming or let you have a change to do play around with it (watch what your are doing, it can be harmfull)..

Finding out 'exactly'  what MaxiSys can do; man, you are in for a real job then. It can o major stuff, and the functions are on the brand logo's of your diagnose screen. Under the logo for let's say GM, you will find this little arrow, pointing you to the PDF for this brand. In it are all the functions, for all the cars of GM, sorted in a way that will give you quite a job to get a hold of.  Basically said, it can do about all major things that are possible to do on a car, but it has a few gaps and a few flaws and definately can use some improvement in some of the 'side sections' like key programming etc.

Can Bus; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus for the general stuff but if you want to do measuring in it just google youtube for some directions or take a training on it; which will pay for itself in no time if you are to work a lot with it.
  Total1 Pages